Everyone needs to plan for what happens when they are gone. It is important for your family, children, and friends regardless of your wealth. We provide estate planning tailored to your individual needs. We take you through a planning process that determines how your current and future assets will be handled. This includes how best to transfer wealth; assets and valued possessions to those you care most about. It is important to identify the person that you trust to administer your estate, including the people you want to be guardians for your minor children. We will work with you to develop a plan that meets your individual needs and budget.
Estate Planning Tools Include:
- Wills are traditional tools for transferring your wealth to the people you care about with instructions for how to distribute your property and personal belongings.
- Trust for Minors are important tools for insuring that your minor children are protected and cared for by distributing your assets to insure their care and by appointing a guardian for them.
- Living Trust A revocable living trust is an important and popular planning tool for estates. When they are done properly they simplify handling of your estate and avoid probate and court entanglements.
- Income Cap Trust is a trust used when you need Medicaid but your income is to high to qualify. This trust allows you to qualify by placing assets and income in trust.
- Taxable Estate Planning helps you and your loved ones avoid unnecessary state and federal estate taxes that may apply to your property and possessions. We can help you identify estate-planning opportunities to ensure your estate takes advantage of state and federal estate tax credits. We work with your CPA or one of our trusted experts to identify ways of avoiding unnecessary tax impact on your estate.
- Power of Attorney is a tool used to provide someone to handle your financial affairs in the event you become incapacitated during your life.
- Advanced Medical Directive is a form created by the State of Oregon and is authorized by statute to allow you to appoint a health care representative and provide treatment and end of life instructions that are to be followed when you are incapacitated.
There are a number of other options and opportunities available to you for planning your estate. Call us today to set an appointment to secure the future of your life’s earnings and treasure. We will provide you with meaningful options.